Saturday, December 2, 2017

My World Capsized When I Learned My Teen Is Opiate Addicted


Addicted


The morphine and codeine are some types of opiates drugs that are legally sold in the United States, and though there are some opiates that are labeled illegal like the heroin and opium, there is no guarantee that teen can be free from misuse and abuse of this types of drugs. Just like what happens to my teen, sad but true. I noticed some sudden change in his behavior. He was already active when he hasn't used the opiate drug but with it, he is even more active but sometimes withdrawn from the family. He skips classes and often times will not eat or sleep. Of course, as a parent, I started to get worried and didn't know what is happening to him. When I tried to reach him out, he gets angry. The only thing that confirmed my hunch about him taking some kind of opiates drug is when I noticed the scars left on his arm. That was probably the reason why he switched to wearing long sleeves lately, to hide it.

I have to confess my world collapsed at my discovery, of course, I never want my teen to be drug addicted. I have beautiful plans for him. We want him to finish his school and get a decent job that is why I and my husband are working hard to provide his basic necessity. But we are in this situation already, and the only thing that can solve it is if I can get him enroll in a detox program. That is why I started my journey of finding opiate detox center near me. It had been a serious job if not tedious one and looking for it diligently is like battling for life and death. Good thing that he also wants to get out of it. I was able to make him understand that it is never a good thing to be addicted to this drug.

Opiate Addicted


What We Had Gone In Finding Opiate Detox Center Near Me

Because I am not oriented it took me a while in finding opiate detox center near me but we never stop. With the help of a nurse college friend, I was able to find it though. She had told me things about the opiates and informed me that it is advisable that my teen had to undergo the process of withdrawal first for one week. Perhaps I am just lucky to have a willing teen and with the help of the detox center that I find, my teen started the withdrawal process. The nurse in the center helps him in managing the symptoms associated with the withdrawal period. During the first second days of letting no opiate drugs into his system, we noticed that he becomes restless, irritable and suffers diarrhea. My heart goes out to him when I saw him chilling in one corner and I knew he was craving for some drug. It was never really a pleasant sight and I was almost near to breaking down but I have to be strong. If my teen was striving to help himself, I must let him see that I am strong enough to support it.

I can say that fighting an opiate addiction is not a sole battle that the teen can do. Everyone in my family is being oriented on how we can contribute in helping him. We never let him alone for the fear that he might go and get some opiate drug again, now it will make all our efforts in vain.  There is someone who will accompany him wherever he goes, good thing it was a semestral break in school so we can regulate who he met. My husband though furious at first becomes supporting too. He never let my teen uses his cellphone yet and all types of electronic communication. I think that helps a lot in the speed process of withdrawal. If we can regulate his activity then he can make it.

 Seeing Light At The End Of The Tunnel   

 Light At The End Of The Tunnel


During those times too, my sister called back and asked if we want him to get some yoga class for a month. And because I was thinking it can be helpful to my teen I agreed with him, but still, never let him alone. My teen started having his yoga session and been busy with it, while her elder sister is accompanying him. Little by little, he was able to cope up with the detox process. Sometimes when I am in my solitude I can think of many things like had I been in lack of guiding my teen and now he is into this battle for addiction. I, for myself, prefer that my children will rise into a responsible adult but I stop myself in my recollection. There is nothing I can do to take back the time, only I can correct it now.

The week passed and my teen was able to complete the detox program, and though it cost some of our resources my husband and I never felt sorry for it. We can spend all our money just to bring back my old teen, the one I used to know, happy and active full of hope. I never want him to get succumb to some kind of depression. But it was good that in finding an opiate detox center near me we had found the center with the supportive nurse and medical staff. It was ashamed to have some family member in this detox center, I know that is what my teen feels too at first but we never had feel discrimination in the center. They are rather friendly to us, and it was like a new gift that my teen had started a new life, totally free from dependence on an opiate drug. To the parent is like me, don't neglect the needs of your teen to have a detox program. It is the only way they can escape from the sting bad implication of these drugs. It was never too late to get back the old life, those that are drug-free but it can never be possible if you will not deal it calmly. I, for instance, had almost freaked out but I never scream nor raise my voice to my teen. Instead, I talk to him and make him understand that even all the worse things that he had done, he is still my child and it will never change. We are happy again and we keep supporting him in fighting setbacks or pitfalls that might occur even after his detox treatment.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates